The European Commission also participates in online teaching at our faculty
by Ľubica Šemeláková (comments: 0)
The European Commission also participates this semester in education process of the subjects Foreign Trade Technology in Slovak and English language and Agrarian Marketing. The Department of Marketing and Trade has established cooperation with the Representation of the European Commission in Slovakia in support of teaching activities at our faculty.
On 16 and 30 March, a series of selection lectures were held with representatives of the European Commission from various fields. The following topics were presented:
- General presentation on the role and functioning of the European Commission Mr. Marek Beran (CZ) from the Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development
- Presentation of market measures, including the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive Ms. Annette Kliemann (DE) and Ms. Judit SZENTES (HU) from the Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development
- EU trade policy presented by Ms. Vanda Markovič (SK) from the Directorate-General for Trade
- EU budget presented by Mr. Petr Mooz (CZ) from the Directorate-General for Budget
- The Common Agricultural Policy and the Green Agreement Mr. Dušan Chrenek (SK) from the Directorate-General for Climate Action.
We thank Mr. Andrej Krchňavý from the Representation of the European Commission in Slovakia for help in organizing these events. We also thank to Ms. Liesbeth De Buysser and Ewa Krzemien from the European Commission's Visitors' Center for arranging the event in terms of personnel (selection of speakers) as well as technical side.
As the students had a number of questions, and not all of them were answered, we assume, as Mr. Krchňavý said at the end of the second event, that we will continue in started cooperation. We look forward to another online virtual visit to the European Commission.